How to Make Instagram Account Private
Your instagram account is public by default. Everyone has an opportunity to look through your posts. If you have blocked a specific user because you don’t want to him seeing your posts, adding him into a blocked users list couldn’t help you. Of course, he couldn’t watch your profile using her or his mobile app but he can do it through the browser on a computer or just through a mobile browser, not even using an account entry.
If your profile is not private your posts are available for people who don’t even have an instagram account. The one thing you can do is to make your account private. This function is opened for these users, who have their personal account. Do you have a business profile? Firstly, make it personal account.
Set your account to private from the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device
1. Open the instagram app
2. Go to your profile page, then tap 3 horizontal bars
3. Tap the settings icon
4. Go to Privacy.
5. Tap Account Privacy.
6. Tap to toggle Private Account on.
Set your account to private on your computer or mobile browser
1. Type instagram.com on your mobile browser or computer
2. Go to your profile, the icon is in the upper right corner
3. Click on settings icon, opposite your username
4. Click privacy and Security
5. Below Account Privacy, click to check the box next to Private Account.
Now only your followers can watch your posts. New followers will have to send you a follow request to see your profile or posts. Follow requests appear in the heart icon section, where you can approve or ignore them.